shrimp, muscles, salmon, tuna, clams... if it comes from the ocean I want it on my plate. But above all, I've been craving delicious calamari!
I love calamari. I love it grilled, fried, served with capers, or veggies, or cocktail sauce. I especially love it when it has a bit of kick!
The other day I was prepping myself some zucchini noodles for lunch, when I decided to cook myself up some spicy calamari to have on the side!
Plus they're so easy to make!
Spicy, Pan Fried, Calamari (serves 2 as a side)
- 200g of frozen calamari rings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil (you may need a tad more)
1) Thaw your calamari rings based on the bag/box suggestion. Usually this is by running under cold water for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2) In one bowl, beat your egg well, then add your calamari rings to the bowl and stir to coat evenly in the egg. In a second bowl combine flour, spices and salt.
3) Take a small- medium sized frying pan and put on stove over medium-high heat. Add your oil and wait until it's nice and hot.