Blogging is really such an unusual hobby to partake in. It can be stressful, rewarding, challenging and provide you with rewards you never suspected.
One of the most incredible things about blogging is that you make connections with people all over the world who also share your passion. The blogging support network spans the globe, and is a never ending source of love and encouragement that lets you do you!
I recently was nominated by Hollie at Alexie Ricrac for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. Hollie and I connected through a shared blogging Facebook group (#blogpassionproject) and were paired up through a meet-and-greet mail swap!
In fact, today I'm putting a care package for her in the mail... Did I mention Hollie lives in Australia?
Just as I've gotten to know Hollie better (through a back and forth game of 20 questions) this nomination comes with 10 questions for me to answer and share with all of you.
Here are the rules for the award:
Without further ado, here are my answers to Hollie's questions!
1) What is your favourite meal to cook?
I love to cook in general (this is pretty evident from my blog) but I think one of my favourite meals to cook is Lamb Madras Curry! Not only because it's incredibly delicious, but I learned to make it during my Daddy-Daughter Cooking Class!
Great food mixed with great memories :)
2) Can you sew?
Sadly, I can't sew. Growing up my mom always sewed our Halloween costumes for us, I'm kind of sad I'll never do the same, but every attempt into sewing has been a disaster.
I can fix buttons, that's about it.
3) If you could live in any time in history, when would you live?
The 1920s! Give me a flapper dress, some gin or bourbon and a frantic pace and I'll be perfectly happy.
4) Where did you go on your last holiday?
It actually took me a minute to remember (it's been a while) but my last holiday was to Whistler BC for a ski trip with my family in February 2014!
I've got a trip upcoming to Cuba with the mister for my birthday in November though, and we'll be spending New Years in Naples Florida!
5) If you were told you could only do one thing for the rest of your life, what would that be?
I'll assume this question means "work" and not just one thing (breathing. I would pick breathing!)
If I could do just one thing, it would probably be event planning. I love planning events, the small details, the logistics, being a bit bossy and the fabulous outcomes. In an ideal world that's what I would do!
6 )Polka dots or stripes?
7) Do you make new friends easily?
This is actually one of the thing I pride myself on. I'm very social, even when I don't know anyone in the room. I love meeting new people.
8) Would you prefer going to a live theatre show or a live concert?
Live theatre, I get kind of bored after the first 30 minutes at a concert (unless its really good).
9) How many people live in your current abode?
Two! Me and the mister!
10) Do you prefer the city, the country, or the ocean?
Oh boy.. Depending on the day I could pick any one of these. I think though that the ocean is the winner.
I grew up on the shores of Lake Ontario. While it's not an ocean... You may not know that since you can't see the other side. I love living by the water, and honestly can't picture ever being too far away from it in some way or another.
Too fun! Thanks for a great round of questions Hollie! Now on to my nominees and questions..
- Farrah from fairyburger
- Autumn from It's Autumn
- Emily from Painting it Purple
- Michelle from Michelle's Pa(i)ge
- Rebecca from Caravan Sonnet
- Gahr, Sev & Nelly from Armed and Tailored
- Alanna from Alanna & Company
- Chelsea from Inspiration Indulgence
- Becky from Disney in your Day
- Chrissa at Physical Kitchness
- Name a blog post you're particularly proud of and why.
- What is your favourite drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic!)
- What is your "desert island" book?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What does blogging mean to you?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is the farthest you have ever been from home?
- It's raining and cold outside! How do you spend your day?
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you follow any web comics/series? If so, which ones?
I really enjoyed answering these questions and coming up with new ones for the 10 nominee bloggers on my list! I hope to hear great answers! If you weren't nominated but want to answer my questions, feel free to do so in the comments below!