Happy Meatless Monday!
This week's dish is a Spicy Peanut Noodle Bowl made with tofu.
Made either as more of a soup with more broth added, or as a saucy noodle dish. The nutty flavour and spice make for a great combination with the pan-seared spongy tofu.
plus it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare!
Spicy Peanut Noodle Bowl With Tofu (serves 4-6)
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 350g tofu
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 260g ramen noodles
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter (or "WOW Butter")
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds to garnish
1) Wash and prep your vegetables, cut your tofu up into cubes, and put your ramen noodles on to cook!
2) Combine your garlic, cayenne pepper and salt. In a large frying pan over medium high heat. pour 1 tbsp olive oil into the pan and then add your spices and let heat through. When the pan and mixture is hot, add your tofu and toss, then cook both sides to a golden brown. When ready remove from pan and set aside.
3) in large pot over medium heat, add your vegetable stock and whisk in your peanut butter, and your vegetables and let cook.
Add your cooked noodles and toss in the broth, and heat through.
4) Right before serving, add your sriracha and sesame oil and toss. You may want to add some more sriracha depending on how spicy you like it (or less if you wan't less spice)!
Doesn't it look tasty?
When you're serving it up, be sure to sprinkle some sesame seeds on each plate for garnish.