This is my 102nd post on the blog... This absolutely ASTOUNDS me.
When I first started the blog last May, I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it. I had started and stopped blogging so many times, with so many different ideas. I didn't know if this blog was going to hit 10 posts, never mind 100.
It's weird for me to think that there are people reading this that I've never met (and never will meet) face to face. There are those who I know are reading, who I've met through Instagram, Blogging groups on Facebook, or sheer luck of the internet, and then there are those who I can see are reading from France and Australia and all over the place who remain a mystery.
So I want to tell you a little bit about myself!
I looked online for some "get to know me" questions and selected 42 (anyone?) to answer. I would really love to hear back from people as well! Please feel free to answer one, or many, of the questions and leave a link to your blog so I can follow up with you too. If you don't have a blog, answer anyway, because I still like your face.
Without further ado, here's what you need to know about me:
1) What is your biggest fear?
I’m very claustrophobic. I think it comes from the time one of my childhood friend’s older brothers locked us in the closet in his room… I've been bad at small spaces ever since.
2) What is your favorite family vacation?
I love family ski vacations! There’s something so great about spending a day on the slopes and then meeting up at 3pm for nachos and beer, that’s when you find my family at their happiest! (other than when we're at the cottage!)
3) What is your favorite book to read?
Harry Potter, or the Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay
4) What makes you laugh the most?
My boyfriend (it’s lame but true)
5) What did you want to be when you were small?
A marine biologist. It was the closest I could get to being a mermaid.
6) If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
I’d love to host SNL, that would be a REALLY cool thing to have done.
7) Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
Car, hands down
8) What would you sing at Karaoke night?
My favourite Karaoke song is “Old Time Rock ‘n Roll” by Bob Seger
9) What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most?
Indie 88 (88.1) and Kiss 92 (92.5)
10) If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
Yard work… I’m not great at keeping plants alive… though as I don’t HAVE a yard, cleaning. I would never hire a cook unless I was hosting a massive party, I love to do it!
11) Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
In utero: Squirmy
In highschool: L-mo
Now: Snuggle Bunny
12) Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
Dislike, for the most part. It’s pretty hard to surprise me and I really dislike feeling out of control. I’m always happy when I’m GENUINELY surprised, but usually the only way to do that is to distract me with a negative fact to focus on… so that kind of ruins it… I prefer not to be surprised.
13) In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
Read. My books are my friends.
14) Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
This is a hard one… can I say both? Hawaii I guess, bring on the beach and the roasting pigs!
15) Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?
Work at the perfect job… which is what I would do if I won the lottery anyway. I don’t think I would feel very fulfilled if my occupation was “lottery winner”
16) Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
My Dad. He’s basically MacGyver… We’d be off that island in no time.
17) If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
The 1920s, I’d go full flapper girl!
18) What are your hobbies?
Blogging (obviously), reading, running, word puzzles… does wine drinking count?
19) Aside from food, water, and shelter, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Hugs. I need hugs like oxygen. I’d hug strangers if I needed one badly enough.
20) List two pet peeves.
People who wear perfume and makeup to the gym
When people don’t have a trash can in their powder rooms (rude!)
21) Where do you see yourself in five years?
In 5 years? I'll be 31 and I'd like to have settled a bit more in my career and be working on growing little people.
22) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Over 50… this is all you need to know.
23) What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)
I’m going to take “car” out of the equation and say train. People think I’m nuts but I really like taking the train places. It’s fast, convenient, I can get stuff done and I like watching the world whizz by!
24) What's your favorite zoo animal?
Elephants. They are also my favourite not-zoo animal.
25) How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two! But for a really long time I didn't use a pillow, I have no idea why.
26) What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving! I love it! The weather, the colours, the cozy sweaters. Everybody gets together and has a fabulous meal with their family, and no one needs to buy presents or cards. It’s religion free so everyone shares it. It’s just family and food for the sake of getting together, and I think that’s wonderful!
27) What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
I went Paragliding in Switzerland off of Jungfrau when I was in high school. There’s nothing quite like taking a funicular, a gondola, another gondola, hiking 500 meters, and then being told to run off the side of a mountain (I’m sorry… WHAT?). It was a breath taking experience.
28) What was the last book you read?
Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed. Read my review HERE.
29) What's your favorite type of foreign food?
Thai Food! When my mom went back to work after her mat-leave, I had a thai nanny who took care of me. June was my nanny from 3 months to 18 months, and my frequent baby sitter after that. She fed me a strict thai food diet. Eventually I stopped eating regular baby food, so she'd pack dinners for me when my parents came to pick me up, so I'd have something I'd like at home. She was awesome.
30) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
20 minutes if I’m getting ready for work. 40 if it’s the weekend and I want my hair to look nice all day.
31) What kitchen appliance do you use every day?
32) What's your favorite family recipe?
Oooh… That’s a hard one… we have a fabulous Curry recipe, and a great strata recipe that we always cook Christmas day. But I’m going to have to give it to the Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts. They are the crack of food.
33) Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
34) How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out?
Oh geeze… I was 6. After a few months of my mom telling me that “Santa was in my heart” and turning the question around on me, I finally asked her matter-of-factly enough that she told me the truth… at McDonald's… which is where I yelled at her telling her that I had defended her to my friends who said she was lying which made me a liar and how dare she do that to me when she knew Santa wasn't real… I think I may have ruined a few other Christmases that year for the other kids in ear shot.
35) Is your glass half full or half empty?
Half full… mostly.
36) What was your favorite subject in school?
37) What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
Ugh, Vegemite. Is that stuff even food? I've had llama jerky and I STILL say Vegemite.
38) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Extrovert, definitely! I love putting myself out there and interacting with new people.
39) Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
My vision, definitely.
40) If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Beware: Specimen must remain well fed. Starve at your own peril.
41) How many languages do you speak?
Two, French and English like a good Canadian girl
42) Who knows you the best?
My mom… Is that lame? She really does though. And my best friend Rebecca, who is basically just “other me”.
Hopefully you've learned a bit more about me! Please remember to answer one of the questions and leave a link to your blog (if you've got one), I'm particularly interested in people's "warning labels" and their favourite books!