Shrove Tuesday is tomorrow! Which means many people will be indulging in the breakfast-for-dinner tradition of Pancakes, before lent begins.
This year, I encourage you to try Crepes with a Curried Chicken Bechamel sauce. Its a family favourite, and I know you'll love it.
Crepes with Curried Chicken Bechamel Sauce (Serves 4)
For Curried Bechamel Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup of milk (plus extra as needed)
- curry spice to taste (I use about 2-3 tbsp)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
1) In small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and mix in your flour and curry.
2) Pour in milk slowly, stirring consistently until sauce thickens. Set aside.
3) in a large frying pan, cook your chicken. When done, pour the sauce into the frying pan and stir, being sure to mix in milk until it's at your desired consistency.
Set the sauce aside while you make the crepes. Before you serve make sure to just reheat and give it a bit of a stir.
The crepes are nice and easy to make! The trick is to get the pan nice and hot and flip carefully!
1) mix ingredients and stir well
2) heat crepe pan over medium-high heat. Melt additional butter and brush pan with melted butter before cooking each crepe.
3) Cook each crepe 1 minute or until slightly browned, flip and cook other side 30-60 seconds until done.
Serve crepes with bechamel sauce wrapped up in the middle of the crepes, and then with extra sauce drizzled on top.
Cut into your crepes and enjoy! It's a nice treat before lent starts, and a great tradition to share with your loved ones.