I'm not much of a football fan, but even I appreciate the fun of a good Super Bowl party. Mainly all of the delicious, unhealthy foods that people will snack on all day!
Here's a list of favourite unhealthy foods that are a must serve for your day of football fun, whether you're a fan or not!
1) Spinach and Artichoke Bites
I'm sure you've seen these on Pinterest. I speak from experience when I say they are absolutely delicious and super easy to prepare and always a hit at parties.
Click Here for the original recipe over at Park House Love. I like to substitute yogurt for the mayonnaise, and not add the shredded cheese, but that's just preference!
2) Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
I've blogged about these before here. These are the single greatest snack to serve and a huge hit!
Click Here for the original blog post (as well as some other appetizers that are GREAT, but maybe not Super Bowl great)
3) Irish Nachos
Here's how it's done:
1) Put your french fries in to bake (WAFFLE OR WEDGE!) as directed
2) While your fries are cooking, shred your desired amount of cheese (1/2 - 3/4 cup). Now here's the important bit: soak your shredded cheese in 1.5 oz of whiskey. Mix well and set aside.
3) Cook 4-5 pieces of bacon. When it's done, chop roughly.
4) When your fries are done, pull them out of the oven and then put your cheese and bacon on top. Put it back in the oven until the cheese is melted well over the fries. Pull out of the oven and serve hot with a side of sour cream and chives for dipping.
Whatever your Super Bowl plans, make sure you spend it with good friends and good snacks!