I've been laying low the past few days enjoying the last of my vacation. Like most people, I've taken the this time to think about my past year, and the year ahead and what I would like to accomplish.
Also working on the giant Globe and Mail Holiday Crossword, but that's neither here nor there (though I suggest you print it out and give it a whirl!)
I'm not one for making absolute resolutions. I think saying "I will go to the gym 3 times a week" is a hard thing to keep up for a whole year. That said, I do have some things I would like to work toward. So rather than resolutions, here are my goals for the year.
1) Improve The Look Of The Blog - Cook, Wine and Thinker has been up for just over 6 months now (crazy!) with few changes. Now that I've gotten into the swing of it a bit more I need to start playing with the look and feel. I'm expecting for this to be an ongoing project, but it's time to really start focusing on it. This is going to mean figuring out advertising, learning CSS, and probably some long hours, but I'm looking forward to it.
2) Go On A Trip - I like to take a big trip once every few years. I'll do a few smaller trips as well, but I'd like to get out in the world for 10-14 days to do something fun! In 2013 I took a trip to London and Rome. I'd really like to do a trip to California, or maybe Iceland this year. Planning to start soon!
3) Learn To Water Ski - The summer of 2014 was kind of cold and rainy, so I didn't get out on the water as much as I would have liked. I have yet to try my hand at water skiing, so this summer I really want to learn! Hopefully the weather cooperates!
4) Embrace Networking Opportunities - I work in marketing, but I don't work for a marketing company. Unfortunately this means I don't get many opportunities to meet others in my field. This year, I'd like to place importance on connecting with my peers.
5) Run! - I need to get back into running more seriously, maybe take up a race this summer to train toward. I love running, but I've been a bit lazy lately, I need to get active again!
What are your goals for 2015? They don't need to be resolutions per say... just things you'd like to work toward this year.