It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the GTA with snow all over the ground, and of course as a result I've come down with a slight winter cold.
I'm a believer in medicating with food and teas (for colds, not for the serious stuff!) So when I got home last night I decided to crack open my new Jamie Oliver - Comfort Food cook book and make Chicken Tikka Masala!
A mild curry that warmed me down to my toes and offered just enough spice to kick the cold.
Rather than write it all out, I'm going to provide a link below to the recipe on Jamie Oliver's website. Though I can't say enough that this new cook book is becoming one of my favourites and is a GREAT thing to put on your holiday wish list if you love to cook.
Some things to note:
- This curry was pretty mild. I would double up on the spice, maybe add some cayenne if you like things hot.
- Two lemons is enough, 3 has things tasting VERY lemony.
- If your sauce is watery, just do a mixture of 1 tsp cornstarch in 4 tsp COLD water. once the cornstarch is dissolved, pour it into your sauce, it will help thicken
- I used whole plum tomatoes and sort of mashed them up... you could also use diced
- I don't have a BBQ, I pan cooked my chicken over medium high heat. I would start with that but then throw under the broiler in the oven to finish
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out!