I stumbled across a recipe for a fairly healthy home cooked Shrimp Scampi Linguine the other day, and with the weather outside BEYOND frightful, I decided to give it a go.
This only took about 35 minutes to prep and make. Quick easy and delicious
Plus it's been a slow month for recipes on the blog. I've been keeping track myself but not posting... get ready for a bit of an onslaught.. starting with this!
Shrimp Scampi Linguine (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 6 cloves garlic (or 9... if you're me) minced
- 1/3 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- small bunch fresh parsley, chopped small
- approx 25 shrimp. shelled, deveined and cooked
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 375g linguine
1) Zest lemons into small bowl, add garlic, onions and pepper flakes then set aside. Juice lemons into a second bowl and add olive oil, set aside. Fill a medium-sized pot with water and bring to boil over high heat, add pasta and cook until al dente.
2) Take your shrimp and cut along the outside, vertically down the middle to "butterfly" the shrimp. Set aside.