I love Garlic!
I keep telling Kris that I'm trying to double check he's not a vampire. Usually if a recipe says "3 cloves of garlic" I take it to mean "5-7 cloves, depending-on-their-size". If you're following a recipe of mine on this blog, assume that you could half the garlic and it would still be delicious.
It's just how I cook.
So when I first made this recipe and it called for a FULL HEAD OF GARLIC, I was excited... but it was too much. about half that will do just fine!
These Garlic "Smashed" Potatoes are completely delicious! Serve as a side to almost any meal for the potato lover in your life and watch them drool... even with only half the garlic.
I served this as a side to my BBQ Maple Salmon dish for my friend's Bachelorette dinner!
Garlic Smashed Potatoes:
- 1 bag mini potatoes (680g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt, or to taste
- Minced cloves from 1/2 head of garlic (or a full head if you're brave!)
- Chopped leaves from 1 bunch of basil
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) In small roasting pan, toss the potatoes with oil then sprinkle with salt
3) Roast in the oven until potatoes are fork tender inside and crispy outside, 45-60 minutes
4) Using a fork, gently press each potato just until it pops. You really just need to press gently, I did manage to break a few potatoes open that were especially tender (it's ok they'll still taste delicious!)
5) Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish along with any oil and salt in the pan.
6) Add the garlic and basil and, if desired, drizzle a bit more oil. Stir until well combined